Academic programmes are offered in Engineering, Management, Media Technology and Law. The Academic curriculum of the Institution facilitates collaborative learning with Research projects and taught by committed faculty, leading experts from Industries/Organizations and International visiting faculty.
The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) gives student’s flexibility to choose the course of their choice and learn at their own pace. CDIO methodology is also practiced in the curriculum, an innovative educational framework for producing the next generation of Engineers. The Institution is the first member from India to implement and practice CDIO methodology.
- Re-configurable class rooms for supporting active learning.
- Faculty teams devise and implement modern active learning methods.
- The student’s feedback is captured using classroom response systems for enhancing quality of teaching.
- V-Doers summer camp, a project to conceive design and implement towards finding solutions to societal problems by living in that society.
- The CDIO implemented pedagogy ignites to conceive ideas for solving real – world problems.
- Imparts abilities to transform ideas to product / process designs and prototypes.
- Student – centered workspaces equipped with modern engineering tools are made available for extended hours for students to design and practice their innovative ideas.
- CDIO methodologies are incorporated from 1st year onwards.
- Curricula include two or more CDIO oriented projects.
- The curricula provide students an opportunity to pursue courses from various categories.
- Integrated courses are designed encompassing theory & practical.
- Domain specialist from Industry teaches specialized courses.
- Vel Tech facilitates Industry Internships/In-plant Training in India and Abroad as part of the curricula.
- The curricula design provides opportunities to students for pursuing courses from categories viz Programme Electives/Allied Electives/Value Education Electives.
- Learning at one’s own pace.
- Option to change the branch of specialization.
- Choosing the courses of one’s interest from an extensive set of elective courses from various categories.
- Option to choose the professors of your choice for the selected courses.
- Undertaking full time project works in India & Abroad.
- Transfer of credits from / to other reputed Institutions in India and Abroad.
- Pursuing value-added courses for attaining high degree of professional competence.
Schools and Colleges
School of Sciences and Humanities
School of Computing
School of Electrical and Communication
School of Mechanical and Construction
School of Management
Department of Biological Sciences & Engineering
School of Law
School of Media Technology & Communication